Noisy Neighbors

1.07.2012

Good morning! It's 5:06 am, and I have been up since 2 am! Yay! I love not being able to sleep. This fun "party in my bed" night started when my awesome single bachelor neighbor decided to start his "I'm still single at the age of 40" party at 2 a.m. When one of his "shy" guest decided to carry on loud conversations (the only words I could make out were "load 'em up" at the end of her rant) in the street at 2 am, my dog decided to jump in my bed and bark towards the door.

So after trying to go to sleep for an hour, I got up and decided to read. I even googled "handling noisy neighbors." It wasn't much help. The number one resolution was bang on the wall or ceiling with a broom. I guess that won't work since he's about 150 yards across the street. Then I read a few funny mom blogs. I read about toddler years, potty training, sleeping habits, and some other random blogs. I even started swimsuit shopping for our summer vacations (bring on the saggy mommy 1 piece). 3 hours late, I'm still wide awake. Yay!

This post isn't/couldn't be good, but I thought, I might as well write while I'm awake. I'll probably read this tomorrow and think "what?". I'm sure Anne Elise will awake around 8 am, I'll drag myself to the kitchen to warm her bottle, change her diaper, feed her, then somehow muster up the energy to play with her for an hour like I've had 8 hours of blissful sleep, then go back to bed as she naps.

Two goals for tomorrow:
1. NAP!
2. Make sure to give the neighbor the evil look.

Ok, number 2 isn't very nice, and probably won't accomplish anything, but picturing myself getting this "revenge" (like it bothers him.... HA!) is a little satisfying. Wow! I probably should have read my devotion or Bible instead of the sarcastically funny mom blogs.

Any suggestions on how to calm this noisy neighbor? I'm open to any ideas. As bad as my bark sounds now, I prefer to keep the peace and not have him hate me at the end of the day. Besides, my sleep rest at his mercy these days. Yes, I've tried calling the cops. He's had them over at least 3 times by different neighbors, and that doesn't seem to bother him in the least.

0 comments:

Post a Comment