Tri 4 Life - Sprint Triathlon

8.09.2014

The last 6 weeks, I have been training for the Tri4Life triathlon. This morning, I did it! My first one. And hopefully not my last. This was a really fun experience, and I'm really glad I did it.

It was supposed to be a 1/3 mile swim; however, I forgot to set my Garmin until about 20 strokes into the swim. When I hit land, the Garmin said .55 miles. It definitely was longer than a 1/3 mile. Whew! And the reservoir was VERY choppy making the swim a little more difficult. But even with the obstacles, this was still probably my favorite part. I've really enjoyed the swimming.

The bike. . . hmm. . . not my favorite. I got passed. . . A LOT! Not knowing how into this I was going to get, I opted to purchase a hybrid fitness bike which isn't quite a road bike. I really didn't want to blow a ton of money on a pricey road bike if this was going to be another one and done style hobby (yeah, I've had a lot of those). So needless to say, it took a lot of effort to keep from being dead last. But I was fairly close to the end and had a pretty rough bike time. It was a 16 mile bike, but surprisingly it went by fast.

The run. . .it went well. I finally got to pass a few of those peeps that whizzed by me on their bikes. And this is where a lot of people started struggling. But, I felt like the run was pretty easy, and I finished it with a really good time.

Anyways, I'm so thankful for all my friends and family that helped me out with this. So many people gave me advice, showed me how to swim, went on long swims with me, kayaked the lake while I swam, ran with me, loaned me gadgets and equipment, and so much more. My sweet husband has been so supportive and surprised me before race day with a garmin watch (which was VERY helpful during the race). My sweet girls have endured 1-2 hours everyday of childcare, babysitters, daddy, etc while I trained for the last 6 weeks. They've even patiently sat in our jogging stroller while I ran them all over the neighborhood. And my snapchat friends have also endured picture after picture of my endless training photos. Thanks everyone! I had a great time.












Sorry, no pictures of the swim. My crew didn't make it out that early to see that part. I can't say I blame them. 5 am came early this morning. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment