A Shower for Anne Elise

8.16.2011


This past weekend, Anne Elise and I got showered with many blessings. It was so exciting. One of the greatest joys of the shower was getting to see all of my friends one last time before this little one arrives. The shower was just adorable. All the vintage decor was a compliment to her nursery, and it was just adorable. Of course, being pregnant, one of my favorite parts is the food. Yuuummmmeee! Wow, my friends can cook! Anne Elise enjoyed every little bite. She also enjoyed a couple cupcakes on the trip home.

I still can't get over all the gifts. I could not stuff one more thing in my car for the ride home. Terra, our cocker spaniel, went to Grenada with me, and she rode home in my lap because all the stuff was a little overwhelming to her.

Once I got home, I unpacked all the boxes and started my nesting. Arthur couldn't believe I was unpacking and organizing as tired as I was after such a long, fun day. Anne Elise has two sets of chest of drawers and a fairly large closet, and I promise there isn't space for one more thing in any of them.
There were adorable baby pictures of me, Arthur, and our family members on each table. Arthur and I laughed at them for a good while after I got home and showed them to him. I was a bald little girl until very late in life, and he was just as funny as ever. He has a cheesy little grin, a diaper, and cowboy boots in just about every picture. We saved them all for Anne Elise's baby book. I hope she gets as good a chuckle out of them as we did.

Thanks to everyone for the shower of gifts. We are very appreciative for all the support of our friends and family as we anxiously await the arrival of our sweet little girl. Hopefully the next post will be her entrance into this world. I go to the doctor today to check on progress, and keep your fingers crossed that we are coming right along.

0 comments:

Post a Comment