Throwback Thursday ... Delta Delta Delta

9.27.2012

My throwback Thursday is so exciting & in a timely manner with the new season of The Voice.

Trip down memory lane:
I went through rush and pledged Tri Delta! Exciting! We then spend several months of pledge training learning all the traditions of Tri Delta. We were all giddy little school girls, but the true excitement came the night we met our "big sis." This girl would lead us through the rest of the initiation process as well as become a close friend.

For big sis reveal night, you are taken around the entire town in a chaotic scavenger type hunt looking for costume pieces. After you've found all the pieces and dressed, you dart off in the park (did I mention this is at night so things aren't very visible) playing hide & go seek looking for the girl dressed just like you.

My costume was Elvis, complete with mask, sunglasses, & an Elvis shirt. At the end of that crazy hunt, I found my Elvis twin, Ms. Liz Davis.

Liz is a one of a kind type girl. Her personality is vibrant with fun, & she's always "here for the party!" Liz left Delta State the next spring in pursuit of her dreams in Nashville. In addition to her ability to always show you a good time, Liz is an UNBELIEVABLE singer. The first time I heard her sing, I honestly thought they were playing a Faith Hill CD.

All that to say, Liz is now on The Voice! During blind auditions last week, she made it onto team Blake. I'm excited to see what doors open up for her during this endeavor. You may also remember Liz from winning P.Diddy's Starmaker show on MTV a few years back. Anyways, go check out Liz on The Voice this season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment