Colored Rice? Seriously!

8.26.2012

A few weeks ago, I posted a picture on Facebook of 80 lbs of colored rice & promised to blog about it later. It's taken some time, but here it is!

The colored rice is for our new sandbox. Arthur & I have been hard at work in the back yard building that sandbox, & it is finally finished! Yay! This is our birthday gift to our sweet girl. Surprisingly, it wasn't that hard. I can't wait for her to get up from her nap & try it out for the first time.

Colored Rice:
Take five cups of rice & put in a ziplock bag. Separately, mix 5 tablespoons of alcohol with a few squirts of food coloring. Poor the mixture in to the rice bag & spread it around evenly. I left them in the bags for about 30 minutes then spread them out in a large container outside in order to dry. The alcohol will evaporate & leave you with fun colors of rice!

Don't I have such a cute handyman?

0 comments:

Post a Comment