Russell and Amanda. . . Chic BBQ Shower

8.16.2012

Arthur and I recently helped host a couples shower in Jackson for his old MC roommate, Russell  and his beautiful fiance, Amanda.

We had a blast seeing old friends and catching up. I volunteered myself for the decorations, and they shockingly came out pretty cute. Of course, Pinterest brought all the inspiration.

Chic BBQ
Menu:
BBQ Chicken & BBQ pork
Baked Beans
Cole Slaw
Corn on the cob
Desert: Red Velvet cake

I got the cute mason jars on Amazon as well as the mini tasting spoons and tied them on with raffia. 


The corn on the cob was put on skewer sticks and stuck in the moss. For that display I use hot-glue to attach the moss to styrofoam blocks
For the silhouettes, I asked the bride and groom for a profile shot. Nothing fancy, they both were just quick iphone pics. I cropped them to similar proportions, then sent them to Wal-Mart to print in 8x10. (Sidenote: I NEVER, EVER print at Wal-Mart. As a professional photog, I will tell you, it will be the worst mistake you ever make. The photo quality is compromised, the colors usually turn out with  darker hues than expected, and they age faster than professional printers. Splurge a little on your precious pictures & use an online company like snapfish, shutterfly, mpix, etc. Off that soapbox)
BUT for this project, and 8x10 from Wal-Mart was the exception.   
I set the picture on top of black construction paper, cut it out, then set it in front of butcher (kraft) paper and framed it. . . EASY as pie! 


The photo booth was a great hit, and was EASY BREEZY! If you don't have a single creative bone in your body, you will still find this surprisingly easy to assemble. 
I asked all the host to bring any props for the booth, hats, scarves, costumes, etc. We had some funky pieces and the guys loved it all the most. 
So I draped an old quilt and set out a trunk with all the supplies. I left the polaroid camera there for groups to self serve. 


The polaroid film was a little more expensive than I expected, but the fun was worth every penny. I guess it was cheaper than hiring a photographer to do it all. We got a cute album from etsy for all the guest to put their photo in and write a cute note to the couple. 
I also ordered the cute prop set from etsy. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment