Pageant Days

4.01.2012

Last week, my sister was in the beauty revue at school. I went to Senatobia to help her with her hair and make-up. She is the more athletic one of the family, so this was not exactly her forte. So big sister to the rescue. She had a great time, and her precious roommate, Stormy, won! So proud of them both. 
 Holly and Stormy 
My sweet dad! 

and Mom! 



So all this pageant talk got me debating whether or not I should blog some old pageant pics of mine. Here there are and you can view under 2 conditions:
1. You DO NOT stereotype me! I am not your typical pageant ditz that you see on TV. Matter of fact, none of my friends I made during this journey are that type. Some of the smartest girls I know, I met at Miss Mississippi. 
2. No teasing! 
This shot of the Miss Mississippi parade was actually in the Clarion Ledger the week of the pageant. 



This is me with Arthur's sister, Jalin. She is a former Miss Mississippi who I met during the week. It wasn't 10 minutes after we took this picture that she introduced me to her brother, Arthur. Who knew?

Also, the dress she is wearing, was a vintage piece from their mother's closet. I wore it at our rehearsal dinner. The dress I have on I wore to our reception. 

I can hear my Lawndale girls teasing me now! :) 
I have plenty of leftover autograph cards I can get to you girls later! 
God Bless- Miss Delta Blues 2007 

3 comments:

The Hensons said...

so....can you sing? or do you do something cool like jump rope or twirl a flaming baton?? :)

Unknown said...

seriously, i wanna hear or see your talent - girl's night entertainment!!!!

Frank and Ginger said...

us? tease?? never... we know all you want is world peace!!

Post a Comment