Life Lessons from the Man Upstairs

4.25.2012

In a former post, I griped ( at 5 in the morning. .  . probably not the best time to blog) about my "noisy neighbor." I was really upset after one of his guest woke me up at 5 am. I'm sure I was drained at the time, and just blogged out of anger. . . matter of fact, I know that is what happened. I must remember this lesson as a parent. I should probably think out my anger and give it time before I rant in the future.

Anyways, he recently invited us over for a grill out. With hesitancy, we agreed. Last minute, something came up at work for Arthur, and Anne Elise and I headed over by ourselves. 1. He is a GREAT cook! 2. I had the time of my life. At 7:30, I put Anne Elise to bed, and headed back over with baby monitor in hand. I ended up staying until 11pm. My normal bedtime is 9! He, and his "loud" friends, were so friendly and hospitable. We had some great food and laughed until we cried. I'm so glad we went.

He just loves Anne Elise, and we found a lot of things we had in common. He even bought new dishes just for the cookout. Yes, he is a night owl. He loves to stay up late and so do his friends. I admitted I slightly envied that, as I can't hang with a crowd past 9 without droopy eyes and endless yawns. He reminded me "the grass is always greener" as he admitted to enjoying watching our family grow, and seemed to have a little desire for a family of his own.

Last night I took him dinner. I made chicken spaghetti, and the recipe makes enough for an army. I thought about him, and asked if he'd like us to bring some over. I got over to his house, and he was whipping up home-made cornbread to go along with it? What? Are you serious? Home-made cornbread is my favorite, and I've never been able to master it. So he promises to give me a cornbread lesson soon. He loved the chicken spaghetti, and texted me for the recipe later. Which included a picture of his home-made cornbread and some fresh stir-fry veggies. He just never stops impressing me, and I feel bad for judging him by his cover. . . or should I say front door since that's what I see all day out my front window.

O, did I mention he is the drummer for a pretty popular band around here? Yes! So he has the drummer look, and getting to know him, he doesn't match his looks. Well, the late night parties do, but after going over, I realized that they are just having a good, fun time. . . just at loud volumes. . . in the front yard. . . at 2 am! He promises to try to tone it down.

So today, I found a recipe file book and packed it full with with some of my favorite tried and true recipes and set it on his doorstep. He mentioned last night he wanted to work on getting some of his favorites organized. He got home from work today and found his little happy from the Wood family, and he sent us the sweetest text about how he loved it and it really made his day. Wow! If the Lord hasn't worked on me by getting to know him, He definitely got me today. The Noisy Neighbor has turned out to be such a sweet friend, and I'm sad it's taken me this long to get to know him.

2 comments:

THE BROWNS said...

This is amazing and your post inspire me. I really enjoy reading them I actually started my on blog because of u. I had seen ur blog from authors page me and him are the same age and I in grew up with his father being our family physician and was checking out his pictures it is amazing how we all have grown up so fast and his father has pictures of all them jalin and camille and author all the woods family portraits in his office so when i be friended author on facebook i seen some of ur photos on there and it had a blogspot website so i wanted to see it . lol and ever since when i am down i read them it inspires me i use ur blog to offset the negativity in my life at the time.. today my sister in law was put on life support. And i am aboutto blog about it but I login in and it had read spot come up and this blog was there so i read ihad read the one were u wrote aboutthe noisy neighbor I am glad he turn outto be a great person. I believe u should write books I love reading ur blogs and u could write story telling books that would be interesting about life. really!!! lol.. I know ur pictures are great to. One day I here Author is coming to his father office to work if I here correctly that mean u ll be moving here i hope I could maybe one day set up a photo shoot with u for my children u do really great work and by your writing I know have a wonderful personality. Thanks for inspiration. The Browns (VALINe)

Renee Arianna said...

This post made me tear up! Amazing how the Lord works! :) Would you maybe be interested in doing a guest post for my blog in the future? I agree with the above comment... your blog is just so positive and I'd love to share it with my readers!

Post a Comment